At Inverness Taxis, we are dedicated to providing our customers with safe, reliable, and eco-friendly transportation services. In an effort to reduce our carbon footprint and contribute to a sustainable future, we are introducing several new procedures to help with sustainable transport.
- Ridesharing: We encourage our customers to look at ridesharing when booking a taxi with us, especially for nights out with friends or connections to onward travel. Sharing a taxi with others not only reduces the number of vehicles on the road but also helps to save energy and reduce emissions.
- Walk and Taxi: If possible, we suggest taking a walk into town for your shopping and using a taxi for the return trip. This not only benefits the environment but also helps to reduce the stress and fatigue associated with long walks.
- Cycle and Taxi: We have a lot of larger vehicles that can take a bike, so why not cycle into town for your shopping and let us take you and your bicycle home when you're ready. This is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint and get some exercise at the same time.
- City Office: When in town, we encourage our customers to use our city office on Church Street to get their taxi home. This not only saves energy but also helps us to rideshare you with another customer.
- Cancel Unnecessary Trips: We ask our customers to call and cancel their taxi if it's no longer required. Sending a car to you, uses a lot of energy, fuel, time and by cancelling the trip, we can conserve energy and reduce emissions.
- Safekab Booking App: Finally, we ask all our customers to download our new booking app, Safekab. This will reduce miles and energy as it streamlines our booking process, reduces the number of phone calls, and helps to coordinate ridesharing trips.
At Inverness Taxis, we are committed to making a positive impact on the environment. By implementing these new procedures, we hope to contribute to a sustainable future and provide our customers with eco-friendly transportation services.