As a passenger, you’ll focus on the driver’s skills and the taxi’s condition, but have you ever stopped to think about your role in creating a pleasant ride? Fear not, for we are about to unveil the unspoken code of etiquette for taxi passengers, so you’ll be a pro taxi traveller before your next Inverness taxi ride.
In this guide, we’ll dive into the dos and don’ts of being a savvy taxi passenger, showcasing some unconventional tips that will make your experience delightful for both you and your driver. From being punctual to respecting personal space and being respectful, we’ve got you covered. So, fasten your seatbelts, relax, and prepare to become a taxi passenger extraordinaire!
1. Timing is Everything
Heading to the airport for that well-earned holiday? Or perhaps you’re late for a crucial business meeting? Whatever the reason, it’s essential to consider timing when taking a taxi. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Be ready when you call: When booking a taxi, ensure you’re prepared to leave immediately. Taxi drivers appreciate passengers who are prompt and ready to go.
- Allow extra time: If you have a time-sensitive appointment, plan your trip with a buffer. Traffic jams and unexpected delays are no one’s favourite companions, after all! Book your taxi in advance to make sure you’re in time for that important appointment.
2. Mind the Space
A cab is like a temporary sanctuary, shared by you and the driver. To maintain a harmonious atmosphere, it’s important to respect personal space. Remember, this is the driver’s work space!
- Don’t invade the front seat: Unless you’re travelling in a larger group, it’s best to leave the front seat for the driver unless advised otherwise. The back seat is where passengers usually sit.
- Keep your belongings in check: Avoid spreading your belongings across the seats. Instead, try to keep them close to you to ensure everyone has enough room.
3. Communication is Key
Clear and effective communication can make a world of difference in your taxi experience. Consider these tips:
- Provide clear directions: Ensure you communicate your destination clearly and concisely. If you have any specific route preferences, kindly share them with the driver. Booking through the SafeKab app should mean the taxi driver has the exact destination location though. A great feature of the SafeKab app!
- Talk, but don’t overshare: Engaging in a friendly conversation with the driver can be enjoyable. However, remember that not all drivers are chatty, and some might prefer a quiet ride. Gauge the situation and respect their boundaries, as will your driver respect yours.
- Give Respect, Get Respect: No one should have to work in conditions where they don’t feel safe or have to endure any sort of abuse. Please treat your driver with respect as they deserve to carry on their work day in dignity.
4. Payment Matters
Money matters, even in the world of taxis! To avoid any awkwardness or misunderstandings, follow these payment guidelines:
- Have the fare ready: Before reaching your destination, be prepared to pay. Have your cash or card ready to ensure a smooth transaction. The SafeKab app has a digital wallet, so it means no cards or cash need to be flashed, it all just comes off your balance automatically like magic!
- Tipping with gratitude: If the service was exceptional or the driver went the extra mile, consider tipping as a token of your appreciation. It’s not mandatory, but it can make someone’s day!
#SafetyFirst with SafeKab
Book A SafeKab: Take the #safetyfirst option and order a safe secure taxi to take you to and from your destinations. When booking with SafeKab you can be sure of a safe ride home after a safe day or night out!
The SafeKab app includes fantastic safety features such as:
- The Power to Choose your driver, vehicle, and price you pay for your ride. Giving you full control and transparency over your journey.
- Unique Safety Code for you and your driver so you know you’re in the right vehicle.
- Journey Monitoring so you can see where you are, the road home and share this information with a loved one.
- A Panic Button is embedded in our app so if you feel vulnerable at any time, you can press the button and notify both SafeKab’s local cab office and a loved one.
- SafeKab Credit means that you don’t need to carry money or a card to get your ride home. Money can be deposited in your in-app wallet so there is always cash to get you home after a great night out.
- SafeWalk – a free GPS tracking feature that sends real-time details of your walk home or wherever you’re travelling to a loved one and provides an SOS button should you feel vulnerable on your journey.
Download the SafeKab app now to join the safety revolution
Book Your Inverness Taxi Now
Take the stress out of getting to and from any of these great Inverness Events this September– prebook your Inverness Taxi through our convenient platforms:
Call Inverness Taxis on 01463222222
Download our partner app SafeKab to book your Inverness taxi at the touch of a button.
Drop into our city centre Inverness Taxi office on Church Street